Thursday, February 7, 2013

7 Weeks

Noah is 7 weeks old today.  The biggest change from last week is that he is definitely smiling, and it is the best thing I've ever seen.  Unfortunately it is almost impossible to capture on camera (kind of like giant squid (!)).  He is the happiest and most alert in the morning, so this is when  I see the most smiles, and it really makes the lack of sleep a little easier. Speaking of, we're still on the same schedule and trying to sleep from 9pm until at least 3am and then until 6:30 or 7am.  If I weren't still pumping 8x a day, then I'd be getting more sleep because I wouldn't have to wake up twice a night to pump.  I am planning to drop at least one of these when he starts sleeping through the night (or when I go back to work) even if it means formula.  I can't say I would be sad to never pump again, but alas, I am trying my best for as long as I can to keep up.

This past week Noah got to visit daddy at work and meet all his coworkers.  He slept through most of it thanks to the car ride over, so he really was on best behavior.   I will try to get him back awake one day, but it is hard (impossible) to drive anywhere and arrive with an awake Noah.  This isn't always a bad thing because when he is overtired, I can run an errand and know he'll get a little nap. 

Noah also made his first trip to the nail salon and "saw" his first Super Bowl.  Neither was very memorable to say the least, sorry Noah.  And, unfortunately the ladies at the nail salon forgot his manicure and he later scratched himself in the face due to his unkempt nails.  I learned my lesson quickly and filed his nails for the first time.  I'm too scared to clip them, but I will get there one day.

Noah is starting to make some friends too.  He went for a walk with his friend Zara at Piedmont Park this week and played with Madison and Henry last weekend.  Mads and Henry are big kids (16 months old), so I suspect he will learn a lot from both of them. 
He is also doing his best to win over the Nibby, who is slowly starting to accept that Noah isn't going anywhere.  The past few days Nibby has joined us on the bed to cuddle, which he hadn't done since before Noah was born. 

I am also happy to say that I haven't noticed any increased fussiness despite the warnings I received about the 6 week mark.  We had one evening with some excessive crying (of course a night daddy worked late), but that's it so far...

Highlights of the past week:
- smiling

- playing with friends
- Super Bowl party at the Millers'
- wearing a 0-3 month outfit that actually fit
- seeing daddy's office
- first nail filing

Here are just a few of the many pictures:

Still loving bath time
good morning daddy



favorite snooze spot (mommy's tummy)

braving the cold to walk his dog


snoozing rather than snacking



loves being swaddled


No comments:

Post a Comment