Tuesday, October 30, 2012

single digits and his name

The countdown to baby t's arrival is in the single digits...less than 9 weeks left until we get to meet him!  I figure it is about time to officially announce his name so I can stop referring to him as 'baby t'.  Baby t is going to be Noah Benjamin Thompson.  If we were having a girl, then I think choosing a name would have been significantly harder, but there were honestly very few names that both Ben and I liked.  Noah has always been one of our favorites, so it was pretty easy to decide after the doctor confirmed he was a he.  For his middle name, we wanted a family name and loved the idea of naming him after his dad (and his great grandfather we discovered).  Now the issue is that if we ever have another boy, then I have no idea what we'll call him...hopefully we'll have a girl (fingers crossed so I can buy dresses and bows!).

Noah is now about the size of a pineapple (or 4 naval oranges).  All 5 of his senses are fully developed, and he is supposedly developing sleep patterns, but I haven't really noticed that.  He does seem to be most active at night, but that could just be because I am laying down.  I am still feeling great and have no real complaints.  Sleeping is getting less and less comfortable, and I imagine it will get worse as I get bigger.  Ben and George are suffering too since I'm constantly getting up at night and shifting around in the bed (sorry boys!).

Noah and I have had a pretty fun past week.  I was up in RTP for work last Sunday through Thursday, so I got to see my family and a few friends.  It would have been nice to have seen more friends but work was really busy.  When I came home Thursday night, my mom followed me and stayed for the weekend for my first baby shower.  My amazing friends, Michelle, Jenny, Jess and Deanna threw me a wonderful shower on Saturday, and Noah got so many nice gifts.  It was a little overwhelming to get everything home and figure out where to put it all.  The nesting bug has definitely started to hit because all I want to do now is clean out our closests and put things away.  Ben tries to humor me as much as possible and has promised to help soon...

Here are some pictures from the shower.  I swear it could be in a magazine!



Our good friends Amir and Sharleen had their baby girl, Zara, on Sunday, so Noah has a playmate to meet in a few weeks.  We haven't meet Zara yet, but we hope to soon once they are home from the hospital and settled in.

And since you are all dying for more pictures of my two fur babies, here they are relaxing this past weekend with their dad.  Nibby pretty much lives on this part of the couch when we watch TV and George needs to be next to Ben at all times.  This means Noah and I have the rest of the couch to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment