Monday, October 22, 2012

happy fall

I can't pinpoint exactly why I love fall so much, but it is without a doubt my favorite time of year.  I think it has something to do with the smell, the leaves changing, the food (pumpkin everything), football season and just the fact that we're getting close to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It also doesn't hurt that I met Ben in the fall of 2001 (yes that was 11 years ago and that makes me feel old), and it reminds me of football season in college, which was pretty much non-stop fun.  I am also getting more and more excited about meeting baby t, and I can't believe he'll be here in a little over two months.

Speaking of baby t, he is now the size of a head of cabbage and weights a little over 3lbs.  As he has gotten bigger, he has definitely become even more active, and some of his rolls and kicks kind of hurt, so I am fearful of what it will feel like when he is twice this size.  It never gets old to feel him move around though, and Ben has a lot of fun poking him so he can feel him kick back. 

Baby t also got to add another trip to his list making him an even more well traveled baby.  The three of us had a fun weekend away in Helen, GA last weekend for my friend Sayako's surprise 30th birthday party (as well as Oktoberfest).  For those of you who don't know, Helen is a small German town about an hour and a half north of Atlanta.  Despite the facts that it was my first (and hopefully last) sober Oktoberfest and I am down one iphone, it was a lot of fun.  Sayako was definitely surprised and we had a great time celebrating with everyone.



This past weekend we stayed in Atlanta and got to spend some QT together, which included eating really good food (steaks for date night and little bangkok with Michelle and Jordan), watching football (good day for State but not so good for UNC), adding to the nursery (we're plus one book shelf and gilder, but the ottoman is still MIA...it was allegedly delivered to the wrong store but should be here 'sometime before the baby') and catching up with our neighbors.  I also decided to take up swimming in case running gets too hard as I get bigger and bigger, and I found out that I really like it!  I have been doing a water aerobics class (for pregnant people) for the past few weeks, and it inspired me to swim laps on Saturday while Ben was playing basketball.  My goal is to try to alternate swimming and running to mix things up for the next few weeks, so we'll see how that goes. 

Lastly, we all know this post wouldn't be complete without an update on George and Nibby.  They have been warming up to the nursery and checking out all the new items.  The Nibby is especially interested in his distant cousin, the tiger, as you can see by the investigation happening below.  George seems to also be the most interested in the tiger and has his eye on the stuffed Cat in the Hat that Ben's parents brought down a few weeks ago - I have a feeling that the Cat in the Hat may not still be with us when baby t arrives, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment