Friday, June 22, 2012

It's official, I'm pregnant!

 Yes, I am finally pregnant, and we are so excited to announce that baby thompson will be making his/her appearance this Christmas.

To start things off, I thought I would share some (ok, a lot) of pictures of baby thompson.  I started having ultrasounds at 6 weeks and had one every week until 12 weeks (and no, weekly wasn't necessary after 8 weeks, but I am what my doctors might consider 'needy' with regards to information and reassurance).  As you will see, baby thompson basically looked like a grain or rice around 7 weeks (in our excitement over a baby and heart beat at 6 weeks we forgot to take a picture home) and finally started to look like a real person around 10 weeks.  Sadly, I am not scheduled to have another ultrasound until 18 or 20 weeks, but it is quite possible (read very likely) that I will convince one of my doctors otherwise.
  
7 weeks (yes, it's a baby, the label and arrow help).  (S)he's the size of a blueberry.

8 weeks (a gummy bear!). (S)he's the size of a kidney bean.

9 weeks.  (S)he's the size of a grape.


10 weeks (yes, I do look like an alien).  (S)he's the size of a prune.


 10 weeks and loving dancing, especially to Michael Jackson!


11 weeks (I am upside down all the time).  (S)he's the size of a fig.

11 weeks
  
12 weeks (I really like my hand near my face).  (S)he's the size of a lime.

12 weeks


Now that I am 13 weeks, I am officially out of the first trimester and feel great.  In all honesty, I have felt great the entire time.  I know this isn't the case for a lot of people, so I am very grateful.   According to Ben, I don't really look pregnant yet, but according to me and my mom I kind of do.  I'll post a picture soon and document the progress. 

We are really excited about sharing this journey with all of you and would love your feedback and comments! 

Oh and since baby thompson loves being upside down all the time, I figured I'd share a picture of our other babies who both spend at least half their time upside down.

 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Beck and Ben! I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to follow your progress and can't wait to meet your new upside down addition. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great sonogram pics! So happy for you Becks!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete