Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The uneventful weeks 14 and 15

I have been thinking about writing this post for quite a few days but was putting it off because the last few weeks have been so uneventful, at least related to baby t.  I did go in for an appointment around 14 weeks, and let me tell you, it was l-a-m-e.   The highlight of the visit (and yes, a big highlight), was hearing baby t's heartbeat for a few minutes.  Otherwise, I talked to my OB for 5-10 minutes and was all finished (minus of course the requisite weight, blood pressure, urine sample).   I was left feeling so cheated after having an u/s at every other appointment.  I asked nicely and several times if I could just squeeze in another u/s before the big anatomy scan but was firmly told no, as there was no reason for one.  Um, hello, how about peace of mind?!

Several people have asked me how I'm feeling, and I'm happy to report that I feel great.  I have more energy now than I did initially, so I've started walking, which is good because George really needs the exercise - we don't want him putting on sympathy weight.  Also, I know I said I'd post a belly pic, but Ben refused to take one last week as "there is nothing to see".  I think there's a little something there, finally, so we'll make sure to do that this week.  I am really excited about looking pregnant and feeling baby t move, all of which I hope happens over the next month or so.  Our next big milestone is the anatomy scan in a couple of weeks where we get a last peek at baby t to make sure (s)he's healthy and also find out if (s)he's a she or a he.  Then the fun starts with picking a name and decorating the nursery...

Despite the lack of baby news, we have stayed pretty busy.  We spent an entire weekend on our first pinterest project, which involved transforming hemnes into a new and improved hemnes.  (FYI hemnes is the white ikea dresser I got after college that Ben painstakingly put together.  A shout out to Kristen too because she put together Stefan, the desk chair, that is also still around and still uncomfortable).   Hemnes currently lives in my closet and serves as Nibby's dining table, so he was really confused and excited about the project.  Here are some before and after pictures, and after such a big success, we think baby t will be getting something similar in the nursery (isn't (s)he lucky?!).

Before

After



Impressive, huh?
 We also just celebrated Ben's 32nd birthday, which included a brisket from the Luling City Market in Houston and a lot of whiskey and bourbon (for Ben of course).  For his birthday cake, I made his grandmother's caramel cake by request, and it turned out rather ugly thanks to a sub-par middle layer (we may have made two attempts at the cake) but tasted great, thanks to the four sticks of butter involved.  

Also, for Ben's birthday, baby t got Ben the onesies below ((s)he's selfish and didn't understand that it was rude to give someone else gifts that are exclusively for your use, oh well).  Also, I want to make it clear that I did not support one of the two purchases.


2 comments: